SALVATION MOUNTAIN

Tuesday, July 5, 2016






In 2014 Justin and I went on vacation to Phoenix sans kiddos and it was probably my absolute favorite vacation. Not because we went without the kiddos-even though it was nice to have a break and spend some one on one time with the hubster- but because we got to see and check a few places off our list. One of those being Salvation Mountain. Our drive from Arkansas to Phoenix took about 18 hours, and I just knew Justin wouldn't be willing to drive another ten hours (round trip) to So. Cal to visit Salvation Mountain. I was shocked when he so kindly agreed. I remember driving on really windy roads that had no shoulder and were spotted with patches of sand and tall mountains on each side. it was like driving through a sandy maze of rock formation. It was interesting and I loved it. Even if you're not a believer, i still think this place truly is a piece of art. Its beautiful. its creative. and it's very very hot! haha! I think we stayed a total of thirty minutes. once we had taken all the pictures our hearts desired, we packed up, all hot and sweaty to head back to phoenix. we actually ended up getting a little backwards and ended up at the U.S.-Mexican border checkpoint. In that moment I was thankful for blonde hair, alabaster skin and a southern accent!! ha! I knew my inability to tan would come in handy eventually and it didn't disappoint! anyhow, if you've never heard of Salvation Mountain, you can read about it here.


Thinking of our trip to phoenix and salvation mountain has me wondering where we'll go on vacation this year. I've got a few places in mind, but will be completely happy with whatever we decide to do! do you have any suggestions of great vacation spots that aren't the typical tourist scene? Do you have any vacation plans for the summer? Happy Tuesday, friends!!


                                                                                                         Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Emery & Gray © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger